A family of five were the patients transferred to medical facilities this morning, according to a post on the Barriere First Responders Facebook page.
All five were in stable condition when they left Barriere, the post states.
Two ground ambulances and two air ambulances were in action this morning after a confirmed case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The four ambulances were called to a residence in Barriere around 7:20 a.m., according to a B.C. Emergency Health Services tweet. No word yet on the conditions of the patients.
Carbon monoxide, sometimes called the "silent killer," is a byproduct of the incomplete burning of natural gas, propane, wood, tobacco and gasoline, according to FortisBC's website.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include chronic headaches, nausea, drowsiness, impaired judgment and loss of coordination.
Carbon monoxide alarms are available at stores.