Dawson Creek Secondary has potentially been hit a second time by COVID-19
According to Northern Health, the School District 59 (SD59) institution may have been exposed to the virus once again, nearly two months after a first lab-confirmed case was detected.
Its South Peace campus is the area in question, with Nov. 16 to 18 listed as the dates students and staff may have come into contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus.
This is also the fourth time an SD59 - Peace River South school has had possible exposure.
This marks the 18th time a northern B.C. school has been flagged since students returned to the classroom in September.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, Northern Heath's school notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
Northern Health has listed the other following schools for COVID-19 exposure:
- Peden Hill Elementary School (SD57) - Nov. 12 to 17, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School, Burns Lake - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 2020
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12, 13, 16, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- Prince George Secondary - Oct. 2, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Sept. 23-25, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020