A two-day esports event in Burnaby specifically geared towards girls in high school is set to take place later in October.
And the organizers are taking registrations now.
The first annual Girls in Gaming event will cover several significant aspects of the Esports ecosystem, including professional and collegiate competition, game design, content creation, marketing and player development.
Electronic Arts and Logitech have partnered with Adamas Esports of Burnaby and Esports Camps to mentor 50 high school and university students who are interested in an esports career.
The all-day events take place Oct. 26 at Fortius Sport and Health and Oct. 27 at Electronic Arts Sports Campus.
- Overview of the Esports Industry
- Full tour of the Electronic Arts Campus + EA hosted presentations
- Meet & greet plus Q&A with professional esports players and Canadian Olympians
- In-depth advice and guidelines on preparing to play collegiate Esports with Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia Esports Teams
- Lectures + discussion on building healthy gaming habits, time management, physical training, communication, teamwork and leadership development
For more details and to register, click here.
- Chris Campbell, Burnaby Now