A league of five teams is now four, at least for the remainder of 2019.
Prince George Senior Lacrosse says it has suspended the Quesnel Crossfire for rest of the year after forfeiting several games this season.
The team has also had issues putting a full roster together when competing, falling to a record of 1-11 according to league standings.
The decision automatically puts the four other clubs into playoff contention, three from Prince George and one from Mackenzie, and it has reduced the rest of regular season schedule from 40 games to 36.
Quesnel only had four games left, so by default, they’ll finish with a final record of 1-15 in their 16-game this season.
With the Crossfire out, there are only six games left on the 2019 docket for Prince George Senior Lacrosse:
- June 12 = Devils vs. Assault, 8 p.m. at Kin 1 Arena
- June 13 = Assault vs. Lumberjacks, 8 p.m. at Kin 1 Arena
- June 15 = Devils vs. Lumberjacks, 8 p.m. in Mackenzie
- June 16 = Devils vs. Lumberjacks, 11 a.m. in Mackenzie
- June 19 = Bandits vs. Assault, 8 p.m. at Kin 1 Arena
- June 20 = Devils vs. Bandits, 8 p.m. at Kin 1 Arena
The Westwood Pub Devils are undefeated at 12-0 and Forward Andrew Schwab leads the league with 62 points, including 31 goals.
Devils’ goaltender Jamie Bellamy is the best in the league with a 90.24 save-percentage and a 2.00 goals-against-average.