A northern region elementary school has been flagged for COVID-19 exposure for a second time.
Northern Health says Charlie Lake Elementary School community members could have been exposed to the virus after a positive case within the school.
The dates the health authority says exposure could have happened are Nov. 16 to 26. The first alert was dated for Nov. 23 to 24.
Yesterday (Nov. 30), Prince George's École College Heights Elementary was also flagged, with those dates being Nov. 19 to 20 and 20-24.
The announcement came two days after three SD57 institutions were alerted for the virus in Foothills and Beaverly elementary schools, as well as a second event for Prince George Secondary.
Northern Health's school-exposure section explains students should still go to school "if you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health," but you're also encouraged to monitor symptoms daily.
Should a student or teacher receive a positive COVID-19 test, the notification process is as follows:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with
- We identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise them to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact
- Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact
- Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community
The other northern B.C. schools listed for COVID-19 exposure are as follows:
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 20-26, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary - Burns Lake (SD91) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Nov. 25-26, 2020
- North Peace Secondary (SD60) - Nov. 10, 12-13, 16, 19, 20 2020
- Fort St. James Secondary (SD91) - Nov. 19-20, 2020
- Peden Hill Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 12-17, 17-20, 2020
- Energetic Learning Campus - Fort St. John (SD60) - Nov. 16-20, 2020
- Dawson Creek Secondary School - South Peace Campus (SD59) - Nov. 16-18, 2020; Sept. 23-25, 2020
- Charlie Lake Elementary School (SD60) - Nov. 23-24, 2020
- William Konkin Elementary School (SD91) - Nov. 16, 2020
- Bert Bowes Middle (SD60) - Nov. 16, 18-20, 2020
- Chetwynd Secondary (SD59) - Nov. 13, 2020
- Van Bien Elementary (SD57) - Nov. 9-10, 2020
- Ron Brent Elementary (SD57) - Oct. 30, 2020
- Hudson's Hope Elementary-Junior Secondary (SD60) - Oct. 26-Nov. 4, 2020
- Immaculate Conception School (Diocese of Prince George) - Oct. 21-23, 2020
- Roosevelt Park Elementary (SD52) - Oct. 21-22, 2020
- Fort Nelson Secondary (SD81) - Oct. 15-16, 2020
- Notre Dame School (Private) - Oct. 13-14, 2020
- David Hoy Elementary (SD91) - Sept. 17-18, 2020
- Quesnel Junior Secondary (SD28) - Sept. 10-11, 15-18, 2020
- Nak’albun Elementary (Independent) - Sept. 16-18, 2020
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary (SD59) - Sept. 10-11, 2020
- With files from Kyle Balzer, PrinceGeorgeMatters