The municipal election is today and will determine who will be Prince Georges' local government for the next four years.
If you didn't take advantage of advance voting, and waited until now to cast your ballot, we have you covered.
This election guide will provide you everything you need to know, including candidate Q&As, voting locations and eligibility requirements.
To make sure you're up to speed on what the roles of city councillors and the mayor are, click HERE.
Below you'll find a full list of candidates on the ballot along with a link to each person's Q&A. (PrinceGeorgeMatters sent out a series of questions to each candidate and have been publishing the ones received over the last month. The names without a hyperlink did not submit answers.)
Mayor - One to be elected
- Lyn Hall
- Willy Ens
Councillor - Eight to be elected
- Murry Krause
- Kyle Sampson
- Viv Fox
- Chris Wood
- Susan Scott
- Garth Frizzell
- Cori Ramsay
- Frank Everitt
- Cameron Stolz
- Terri McConnachie
- Paul Serup
- Dave Fuller
- Brian Skakun
School Trustee - Five to be elected
- Betty Bekkering
- Tim Bennett
- Ron Polillo
- Trent Derrick
- Stephanie Mikalishen-Deol
- Corey Walker
- Sharel Warrington
- Bruce Wiebe
- Allan Kranz
- Trudy Klassen
- Sarah Holland
Here are the candidates running for the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George:
Electoral Area C (Chilako River - Nechako)
- Lara Beckett
- Colin Clyne
Electoral Area F (Willow River - Upper Fraser Valley)
- Kevin Dunphy
- Joe Rositano
Electoral Area G (Crooked River - Parsnip)
- James Clefstand
- Pat Crook
Electoral Area H (Robson Valley - Canoe)
- Dannielle Alan
- Ben Hunter
Electoral Area A, Warren Wilson has been elected by acclamation as well as Bill Empey in Electoral Area D and Art Kaehn in Electoral Area E.
General Voting Day is on Oct. 20. Voting will take place from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations for the Regional District:
- Electoral Area C: Miworth Community Hall, Beaverly Elementary School, and the West Lake Community Hall
- Electoral Area F: Ferndale Community Hall, Shell-Glen Fire Hall, Sinclair Mills Community Hall, and the Willow River Fire Hall
- Electoral Area G: Bear Lake Local Community Commission Office, McLeod Lake Community Hall, Summit Lake Community Hall, and the District of Mackenzie Office
- Electoral Area H: Dunster Community Hall, Robson Valley Community Centre (McBride), and the Valemount Community Hall
For the City of Prince George, voting will take place from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Blackburn Elementary School, 2222 South Blackburn Rd.
- DP Todd Secondary School, 4444 Hill Ave.
- Edgewood Elementary School, 4400 Craig Dr.
- École Lac des Bois, 4131, Rainbow Dr.
- John McInnis Centre, 3400, Westwood Dr.
- Kelly Road Secondary School, 4540, Handlen Rd.
- Malaspina Elementary School, 7900 Malaspina Ave.
- Ron Brent Elementary School, 1401 17th Ave.
- Vanway Elementary School, 4509 Highway 16 West
Remaining advance voting opportunities:
- Oct. 16 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Civic Centre (Auditorium)
- Oct. 17 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the University of Northern British Columbia, 7170 Bentley Centre
To be eligible to vote, voters must be 18 years of age or older, a Canadian citizen, a resident of British Columbia for at least six months and have lived in the City of Prince George for at least 30 days prior to registering to vote.
Voters will need to present two pieces of acceptable identification at the voting station (at least one with your signature and one with your address).
Here are the kinds of ID that are acceptable:
- BC Driver's Licence
- BC Identification Card
- BC Care Card
- BC Gold Care Card
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Canadian Passport
- Property Tax Notice
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Government Issued Military Identification Card
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Current Utility Bill – Containing Elector's Name and Address
- Owners Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence (issued by ICBC)
- Other documents sufficient to satisfy the Chief Election Office