The COVID-19 death toll is climbing in the Internal Medicine Unit at University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC).
Three more people have passed away from the virus, bringing the total to eight since an outbreak was formally declared nearly a month ago on Dec. 29.
The Prince George hospital's unit has also added one new lab-confirmed case since the regional authority's last update on Friday (Jan. 22).
This was found in a patient for a new total of 33 since the outbreak began, broken down among 21 patients and 12 staff.
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) says there were six total deaths over the weekend in Northern Health for a new regional toll of 61.
Meanwhile, the COVID-19 outbreak in UHNBC's Rehabilitation Unit is over as of today (Jan. 25) after no new cases were detected since Jan. 9.
A total of three patients who tested positive for the virus have since recovered; the outbreak lasted three weeks dating back to Jan. 4.
There's been no change in the Jubilee Lodge outbreak, which Northern Health says officials continue to monitor as 14 people have died from COVID-19 at the Prince George long-term care facility.
Currently, 62 cases have been found since Dec. 12, including 48 residents and 14 staff members.
"Northern Health and Jubilee Lodge are encouraged that there have been no new resident cases since late December, and no new staff cases since January 13, 2021," a statement reads this afternoon.
"Northern Health Public Health continues to actively monitor and follow up all laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19 among staff and patients at any NH facilities."
As of this publication, Northern Health has recorded 3,213 COVID-19 cases since March last year after 104 new infections were found in the last three days.
This includes 16 people admitted into critical care or ICU among 47 total hospitalizations, and 2,610 recoveries.