Two UNBC soccer players have been recognized for their hard work during the 2018-19 season.
Defender Gordon Hall on the men's side earned his third Canada West All-Star honour while Paige Payne was named an All-Star for the first time in her career.
Hall is the first UNBC soccer men's player who has been named a Canada West All-Star three times in UNBC Timberwolves history.
GORDO! The first @CanadaWest First Team All-Star in @UNBC history, @gordonhall_14! Congratulations to premier @UNBCMSoccer defender Gordon Hall, who is also the only three-time CW all-star in @UNBCATHLETICS history! pic.twitter.com/64rviUEW27— UNBC Athletics (@UNBCATHLETICS) October 31, 2018
Payne had a season to remember for the women, scoring eight goals and finishing with 12 points on the season. She is the first women's UNBC soccer player to be named to the All-Star squad.
YES! @PaigePayne74 becomes the first @UNBCWSoccer player ever to be named a @CanadaWest All-Star after an incredible 8 goal, 12 point season! Congrats to the Pride of Kitimat, BC! #pp7 pic.twitter.com/QFdqiUjoXY— UNBC Athletics (@UNBCATHLETICS) October 31, 2018
The All-Star teams are:
Men (First Team All-Stars)
- GK - Connor James (Alberta)
- D - Tammer Byrne (UFV)
- D - Noah Cunningham (Alberta)
- D - Connor Guilherme (UBC)
- D - Janko Vong - (Alberta)
- D - Gordon Hall (UNBC)
- M - Thomas Gardner (UBC)
- F - Ajeej Sarkaria (Alberta)
- F - Gurmaan Jhaj - (UFV)
- F - Easton Ongaro (Alberta)
- F - Joel Waterman (TWU)
Women (Second Team All-Stars)
- GK - Emily Burns (MacEwan)
- D - Jessica Williams (UBC)
- D - Elizabeth Hicks (TWU)
- D - Katie Carrothers (Victoria)
- D - Quinn Hardstaff (Mount Royal)
- M - Amanda Wong (Manitoba Bisons)
- M - Suekiana Choucair (MacEwan)
- M - Jenaya Robertson (TWU)
- F - Paige Payne (UNBC)
- F - Karissa McNutt - (Alberta)
- F - Shae-Lynn Dodds (Winnipeg)